We are a research institute of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science. The Munich Center for Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy studies, evaluates, anticipates and follows the micro- and macro-economic aspects of demographic change. We are currently searching for:
2 Student Assistants [Nr. 12-20]
2 Student Assistants
for developing a contextual database for Covid-19-related research in our Research Data Center.
The database will become part of SPLASH (Social Policy and Law Shared Database), the open access contextual database of the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE). SPLASH offers access to contextual databases for microdata analysis, a data map of external data sources, and a broad collection of policies related to population developments throughout Europe.
In your position as a Student Assistant you will be working on developing a contextual database for investigating the non-intended consequences of epidemic-control decisions, as well as the social and economic impacts of the Covid-19 outbreak in Europe.
Your duties will include: researching data and literature, collecting and coding datasets, designing graphics, undertaking statistical analysis with the aid of software packages such as Stata, and running small projects independently.
- Interest in the scientific approach to social and public health policies
- Above average academic achievements
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Good Stata skills, or knowledge in similar software
- Good English skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Interest in empirical research
- Experience in data cleaning, working with large datasets or working with a CMS (Typo3, Drupal) would be an asset
- Working in a friendly environment
- Insight into current research projects
- Expansion of your knowledge in statistics and public policies
- Flexible working hours
For questions, please contact Diana López-Falcón (lopez-falcon (at) mea.mpisoc.mpg.de).
If interested, please send your application (cover letter, current academic transcript, resume, diplomas, matriculation) preferably via E-mail to lopez-falcon (at) mea.mpisoc.mpg.de and hr (at) mpisoc.mpg.de quoting reference number 12-20.
Max-Planck-Institut für Sozialrecht und Sozialpolitik
- Verwaltung -