- The MEA is managed by Prof. Dr. h.c. Axel Börsch-Supan, Ph.D.
- Since 2013, the Chair of "Economics of Aging" at the Technical University of Munich has also been located at MEA.
- Economists, mathematicians, psychologists, social scientists, statisticians, philosophes and biologists, among others, carry out interdisciplinary research on the challenges of ageing societies all over the world.
- The MEA employs 58 people, among them 21 men and 37 women.
- Since 2002, 43 scientists obtained their doctorate at the MEA.
- 27 former research assistants of Prof. Axel Börsch-Supan became professors themselves and are active in international research.
- The largest project of the MEA is the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE). About half of the employees work for this international survey project, in which since 2004 approximately 140,000 persons have been interviewed in about 530,000 interviews. SHARE covers 28 European countries as well as Israel.
(last update: November 2021)