Data Collection and Processing
As a matter of principle, we gather and utilize users' personal data only to the extent required to ensure the functioning of our website and of our contents and services. The gathering and utilization of our users' personal data normally occurs after users have granted their consent. An exception occurs where data processing is legally permitted. Detailed information on data protection can be found on the homepage of the MPG Max Planck Society (MPG).
Data are stored and evaluated exclusively on a central server operated by MPG. The data are deleted after the formation of the conclusive annual sums for access statistics.
Of course, you may object data gathering. You have the following independent possibilities to revoke data recording by the central server:
1. In your browser, activate the do-not-track or do-not-follow settings. If these settings are active, our central server will not store any data relating to you. Important: The do-not-track instruction generally applies only for the device and browser in which you activate the setting. If you utilize several devices/browsers, you will need to separately activate do-not-track in all relevant locations.
2. Utilize our opt-out function. Click the selection box at https://www.mpg.de/privacy-policy/data-collection-opt-out in order to stop data recording or to reactivate it. If the selection box is deactivated, our central server will not store any data about you. Important: For the opt-out, we have to store a special recognition cookie in your browser. If you delete it or utilize another PC/browser, you will need to revoke data recording again on this page.These data are not stored together with the user's other personal data. The data protection officers of the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy, Andrea Oepen (firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 (0)89 38602 - 353) and of the Max Planck Society are available for questions concerning the topic of data protection (email@example.com, +49 89 2108-1554).
Personalized Services / Newsletter
Insofar as you have decided to take advantage of a personalized service such as subscribing to newsletter services, completing contact forms or creating guestbook entries, the required personal data are stored. As a rule, this includes your e-mail address, first and surname as well as other data – depending on the type of offer. Your data are used only in order to provide you with the desired offer to your satisfaction and in order to respond to any inquiries. If you no longer wish to take advantage of a personalized service, your personal data will be deleted after you cancel your registration – insofar as registration is required for use of the service. If you wish to cancel your subscription to a newsletter or another personalized service, you can either send us an e-mail, or carry out cancellation by using the respective link at the end of the newsletter. For some particular services, your personal information will be administered and stored in the context of commissioned data processing on systems of Infopark AG, Berlin.
Your personal data will only be transmitted to government organizations and authorities in legally required cases and/or for prosecution in the event of attacks on our network infrastructure. Your personal data are not provided to third parties for any other purpose.
Rights of individuals affected
As an individual whose personal data are gathered as part of the aforementioned services, you have, in principle, the following rights, to the extent that no legal exceptions are applicable in individual cases:
- Information (Article 15 GDPR)
- Correction (Article 16 GDPR)
- Deletion (Article 17 (1) GDPR)
- Restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR)
- Data transmission (Article 20 GDPR)
- Revocation of processing (Article 21 GDPR)
- Revocation of consent (Article 7 (3) GDPR)
- Right to complain to the regulator (Article 77 GDPR). For the MPG, this is the Bavarian Data Protection Authority (BayLDA), Postbox 606, 91511 Ansbach.